Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Hot then I'm Cold

Since I have been gone, I have felt that this job has been nothing shy of an absolute adventure. Some things I have hated, some things I have loved. Overall, it has been fun. However, at this point, I don't know that I will sign a 2nd contract. It is too soon to know now, but there is so much about ship life that I hate. Everyone here calls ship life the "shit" life. Pardon the language, however, I so agree. About 95% of men on this ship look at women with sex eyes as if they think that women are mere objects for their satisfaction. I don't like being seen as such. I have gotten hit on by an incredible number of men. I feel so trashy. And the drinking, whew, the drinking. I know one girl on the ship so far that doesn't drink. I have met tons and only one that I know of that doesn't drink. It is so unnerving. And the rules, oh the rules, Carnival has some of the dumbest rules. Anyway, despite all of this, I am enjoying myself to an extent. I am trying to have a positive attitude and make the best of this adventure.

On light note, I am going to San Juan, Puerto Rico tonight with two of my good friends on the ship. They are both really fun. One is Stef and she is from South Africa, and the other is Jael from Mexico. WE went to the Disco together last night and had great fun. It is nice to finally have friends. I have about 5 girls that I am pretty close to, other than that, I generally stay alone.

I have actually found some SEC football fans on board. One crew member is an Arkansas fan, and he talks almost as country as I do. It is nice to hear someone else say ya'll. I get made fun of for it all the time. I also met two guests last night that just graduated from Auburn (War Eagle, that's for you, J.D.)!!!!

Anyway, I shall be going to work now. Pray for me, I have one super abnoxious kid. Nobody in the group likes him. He is annoying and he ruins games for everyone else. He is pretty much like the drippy faucet that gets under your skin and makes you wanna rip your hair out!!! Yea, that's him!!! URG

2 comments:

  1. We had about 2" of snow on the ground when we got up Sunday AM. It was already starting to melt by time to go to church. We only had 127 in SS, but had 4 additions, 2 by letter, 2 for salvation. several people asked about you. Some had read your blog. I'm feeling good, still tire easily, but I can handle that. Have fun and take care of yourself. We love you.
    Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had the most fun with her learn spanish thingy! lol

    love you!

    ReplyDelete