Friday, February 27, 2009

Ending Cruise

So, my first cruise is over, and I AM SO GLAD!!!! My kids were good to begin with, but the later the week went on, they really began to push my buttons. They didn't listen to anything I said after about Wednesday. It was frustrating, but they are 12-14 year olds. That is to be expected.

Anyway, I have so far gotten hit on by two teenagers, two staff members, and a teenager's dad. It is really quite embarrassing. Oh well..

Overall the cruise went pretty well. The highlight was definitely tonight when two of my kids dressed up in dresses and pranced around the playroom. It was quite amusing. I have noticed the pattern with tween boys, they all act gay. It is kinda disturbing.

So my next ship that I will start working on March 8 will be starting out of Fort Lauderdale and then moving to New York in April. The cruises will go to Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, Bermuda, US Virgin Islands, Rhode Island, Netherlands Antilles, West Indies, and a few more. I think it will be a good move for me. I will have my own lounge on the new ship, whereas now I am having to move my kids all around the ship to different places, which doesn't always work out so well.

I am glad to be going on the next cruise, because I will be going to some pretty cool places. Two of them, I believe I can use my cell phone and that will be really nice.

Anyway, I am enjoying this job, but I miss home alot. Anyway, I must run on to bed because I have immigration tomorrow early morning. Goodnight
The Vagabond.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have made it through your first cruise! I'm sorry all those crazy folks are hitting on you...I told you so! haha! I hope the move to the new ship is a good one for you. It would be nice if you could use your cell a some of the upcoming locations! I miss you! I'm glad you are having a better time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Carli! We knew you would have fun. All sounds so exciting to us as we have traveled so little in our life time. Maybe before you finish all your trips we can make one with you. I want to travel, but Ben is a homebody. Keep us posted on all the fun things you get to do. Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete