Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm leavin on a cruise ship, don't know when I'll be back again!!!

Finally, after 4 weeks of wondering, waiting, anticipating, I received the email which contains the details of my future vagabondish adventure.
I will be flying out of Jackson at 12:50 pm on Saturday, February 21. Will spend the night in Miami and head out to Fort Lauderdale the next day, where I will aboard my new home, Carnival Freedom.


From what I can see according to the Carnival website, there will be 3 different adventures I will swap between: two 8 day cruises, and one 6 day. The first one will be to Key West, Grand Caymen, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The second will be to San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands; Antigua; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas. The third will be to Cozumel, Mexico; Limon, Costa Rica; and Colon, Panama.

I have no doubt that this will be a glorious adventure. Not only the places I will see, but also with the people I will meet, the skills I will gain, and the incredible amount of homesick I am sure I will endure. Either way, in 12 days, my life will completely change.

If you would like to talk to me while I am gone, I will continue to use Facebook, email, and Skype. My email is carlimcclure@yahoo.com . If you would like to hear my voice, you should think about downloading Skype at http://www.skype.com . This is a really cool messaging/phone program that is free. I already use this program with a few friends and it is really neato.

Anyway, I can't wait for this adventure to begin. I hope my readers will enjoy this adventure too.

Peace, Love, and Cruisin!!!
The Vagabond

4 comments:

  1. haha i tried skype once and deleted it cause i didnt know anyone that used it
    so im assuming no phone on the ship?
    im lovin the new name
    I wish i had a cool alter ego name
    rock on, rock hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I can't explain how proud I am of you. I have enjoyed the past few months getting to know you more. I feel like a mother hen with her chick growing up and moving on. I've enjoyed staying up the late nights at my house laughing and talking about Christ. As I've told you before, I am amazed at the people God puts in my life. These wonderful people are there only for a moment before they are moved on to other things. You are a beautiful person and I know you will be a wonderful addition to the people's lives you come in contact with. I know the connection between you and my family was God's devine purpose. I feel it in my heart and the love I have for you is strong. I am SO happy for you and can't wait to go along the adventure with you! We will stay in touch and forever be friends! I wish you nothing but the BEST and know God's hands are on you as you discover Carli. MUAH!!

    Love, Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I was with you when you found out about all of this. I can't wait to see evidence of all the fantastic adventures you are about to experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Carli! So funny that you started a blog with your new life. I did exactly the same a year ago... and it is now a huge part of my life. It's the best way to keep friends and family up to date in all your crazy new things.

    I wish you all the luck. And feel free to ask all the questions. I already assumed the role of counselor! ;)

    Your new "ship friend"

    Bruno

    ReplyDelete