Sunday, February 22, 2009

Overwhelmed and Tired

So today was not quite what I was expecting. I don't really know what I was expecting, but geez. I am exhausted. I had to learn so much today, all the while trying to adapt to understanding 50 different accents (and the strongest one of all, that I can't understand a lick of what she says just so happens to be my roommate, ugh, wouldn't ya know), all the while trying to find my way around a ship that is longer than 3 football fields when I can't even find my way to my belly button half the time. Ok, so maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but it was a crazy crazy day.

Bad news, they gave me a uniform that is just too sexy for words. Mwahahaha, and the other bad news is that they blocked skype on the ship, so i can't talk to anyone unless I am in port. UGH, that irks my taters.

On lighter note, I got to work with the youth tonight so that made it so much better. The kids are great. There are 57 kids on the cruise that fall in the age group that I am working with. So far, about 25 have registered for the program and we had an average of about 10 at the activities tonight. They are really sweet and really fun. One offers his phone number to me about every other minute, to which I nod my head and act like I care, but I really don't. Anyway, no seasickness so far, only lost as a goose-ness. Maybe it will get better. It should after that half a pizza I just ate at midnight. Eek, that'll hurt my figure. Oh well, with all this walking, I should be thin as a rail in the blink of an eye. Well maybe two. Anyway, the vagabond must check in for the night because she is TIRED.

No comments:

Post a Comment