Monday, April 1, 2013

Old habits are hard to break

"But i discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." 1 Corinthians 9:27

App of the Day: MyFitnessPal
This is an app I use EVERYDAY. It helps you keep track of your calories and your physical activity.  The best way to manage your weight or even lose weight is to be aware of what you are putting into your body and the amount of calories you are expending.  If you have a smart phone, download this FREE app. Or if you don't have a smart phone, you can actually access the features provided by MyFitnessPal at http://www.myfitnesspal.com. Go check it out. And then add me: msucarliann


We have all heard the old adage, "old habits are hard to break." And let's be honest, we all have our fair share of bad habits (Biting nails, procrastination, over eating, being lazy, and the list goes on and on!)

It definitely takes commitment and dedication to break a habit. But how hard is it to create a habit?
I have always heard that it takes 21 days to create a habit.  3 weeks.  If you think about it, that's not really very long.

I urge you to think today about some habits you should try to create in your life (below are some examples). I would also encourage you to look for others to hold you accountable as you try to create this habit.  If you need someone to help you, let me know. I will be glad to hold you accountable.  I, myself, need more accountability in my life.

Examples of habits to create:
Spend at least 15 minutes reading the Bible every day
Pray while you are driving
Only listen to Christian music
Drink only water or tea (unsweetened of course)
Eat at least two cups of vegetables/day
Include at least 30 minutes of physical activity in your day


Meal of the Day:
Broiled Salmon (6 oz.) -      150 calories
Steamed Broccoli (1 cup) -   30 calories
Steamed okra (1 cup) -         40 calories      
                                          220 calories total


Fitness Tip of the Day:
Hula hooping burns more calories than walking a 15 minute/mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment