Friday, January 30, 2009

My New Job

Hey guys and gals,
This is my new blog dedicated to my new adventures in life. Last Tuesday, January 13, I flew to Miami to interview for the Circle C Director position on a Carnival Cruise Ship. I was offered the position in the interview. I will be working with 12-14 year old heathens, ahem, I mean sweet darlings.

Before the interrogation begins, I shall say I do not know yet where I will be ported or when I will begin this wonderful adventure. However, I do know that I will probably be on a ship sometime in February. I am waiting on all my medical exam results to process so I can fax them, and also, my background check is still processing. I could possibly be ported from LA, San Diego, Galveston, New Orleans, Mobile, Jacksonville, Tampa, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, San Juan Puerto Rico, or maybe a few more of which I am unaware. No matter where I am ported, I expect to have a good time.

My contract will last 6-8 months. In this time, I will live on the ship and will not be able to come home at all. So once, I leave, peace out for a while.

Also, because most people ask, the pay is not ridiculously high, however, it is great considering I have no living expenses and I get to do what I love: working with youth, traveling, and meeting lots of new people.

This truly is a blessing. I hope you will enjoy this adventure as much as I will. Keep in touch.

The Vagabond,
Carli

2 comments:

  1. I am very privileged that I am lucky enough to be the first to comment on you new blog! I am still very excited about the fact that now have an amazingly awesome new job! You are so perfect for this position! I know you will do well with the little heathens...I mean the children...! I will miss you terribly while you are gone; however, everything is so wonderful! I cannot wait to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang he stole first
    i claim second
    So once, I leave, peace out for a while.
    I'm pretty sure the first comma is unnecessary, but don't hold me to that :P

    ReplyDelete